Commenting on the Queen’s Speech, Ian Murray MP, leading supporter of a People’s Vote, said:
“The Queen’s Speech shows that backing Boris Johnson’s Brexit means writing the Prime Minister a blank cheque.
“The list of Brexit-related legislation that was announced, but which we have never seen was enormous. And with Brexit, once we leave there will be no going back.
“That is why it is only fair and democratic that we see all these proposed laws before any irreversible decision is taken and that the people get the final say.
“Backing Johnson over Brexit means giving him a free hand in his plans to turn Britain into a deregulated, low-tax, offshore bolt-hole for the Prime Minister’s hedge fund friends.
“That is a million miles away from anything promised in 2016, and that is why we will be marching in strength in London on Saturday to demand a People’s Vote on whatever Brexit Johnson tries to force on us.”
Brexit-related legislation announced today includes:
- European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill
- Fisheries Bill
- Agriculture Bill
- Trade Bill
- Immigration and Social Security Co-ordination (EU Withdrawal) Bill
- Financial Services Bill
- Private International Law (Implementation of Agreements) Bill
- Foreign National Offenders Bill
- Extradition (Provisional Arrest) Bill
- Aviation Bill
- Environment Bill
- Animal Welfare (Sentencing) Bill